Wednesday, March 12, 2014

fashion/editorial style senior pictures

Specializing in senior portraits gives me unlimited access to the most beautiful girls in metro Detroit. When I have a project in mind I prefer to call on my past clients to model for me. They are always more than willing and because I have photographed them before I already have an idea of how they will fit into my vision.
This project just like all the others was born in a conversation I had with my lovely partner, soul sister, creative twin, my beautiful friend & makeup artist, whom I would be lost without www.jillsollars.com.
We wanted a fashion inspired session with an editorial feel while staying true to our signature boho glam style. Big hair was a MUST- we grew up in the 80's & 90's so its just a natural choice ;-).
Once the hair style was selected we focused on the clothing. Although we both adore shopping our vision wasn't something you can find on a rack so that left us no other choice but to have a dress making playdate. Together, with the help of Jill's dinning room chair as a perfect dress form, we started constructing a dress out of tulle. In our normal fashion Jill worked hard on her dress until it was complete, I finished my at the studio the day of the session.
Brittany & Ellie were more than happy to model for us- I photographed both of them earlier in the year and knew their classic beauty would fit perfectly. Brittany was born a natural hippy & Ellie has perfect feminine features, soft & stunning.
I am so nervous & excited to share this. It has been a work in progress for a while now and to watch it all come together is just amazing. I am beyond grateful for working with these amazing people.
Brittany & Ellie, Jill & I are so grateful for your willingness to work with us- even when we asked you to freeze your butts off in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10