Thursday, January 26, 2012

hair & heartbreak

okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic when I say heartbreak. Extremely sad might be a better fit. I guess. Ugh, here's the story...
Yesterday Maddie, my 3 year old, was upstairs playing as she always is. I was cleaning up after breakfast so I was downstairs. When I finished up I went up to see what my little miss was up to. I called for her, and she said, "mama, I look like Bonnie" in my head I was thinking, "what?! who is Bonnie and why do you look like her?" as I approached the bathroom I was still a little confused then I saw what she was talking about...

she had found my SCISSORS!



She cut her hair...



in the 5 minutes that she was upstairs alone she managed to break into my bathroom (I keep the door locked) find my scissors (I hide them) and cut off all of her beautiful curly hair. I know some day I will laugh about this but the day she did it all I could do was cry. All of those amazing sweet curls that I use to love to brush, braid, run my fingers thru, GONE.



this is what I was left with...



I couldn't just leave it a mullet.



and the "Bonnie" she was talking about is the little girl from Toy Story 3...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no. I'm sorry:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, well she is still beautiful & it will grow. I do love that you took the time to take pictures to really tell the story

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10