Monday, January 31, 2011

winter fun

This past weekend Chris and I took the girls up-north to his brother's cottage. The weekend was full of snow, laughs and snow…did I mention there was a lot of snow.



It was like someone took a page out of a childhood fairytale. I say this because it was nothing short of magical. Our children all got along, sounds easy but it’s not. We have a total of 6 between us and they’re all GIRLS! They played outside all day & night…they were ice skating, sledding, and just playing in the snow… it was cold but they didn’t care.



We drove home on a sunny Sunday afternoon talking about the great weekend we just had. I was thinking about my favorite moments...Abby pushing her cousin down the sled hill because she was taking too long, Aubrey not noticing all the other kids went inside and playing happily by herself, watching Sidney try to skate, watching Avery skate-she's so good, the list goes on and on. As I'm replaying everything back in my head I experienced déjà vu. I was 8 years old again, chewing grape bubble gum and listening to Kasey Kasem’s top 40 countdown.



I was sliding on the ice with my brother and sisters...we were laughing and playing all day. Hoping our mom didn't call us in for dinner anytime soon. It was awesome.



I don't know if it was the the icicles that were hanging off everything, or the grape bubble gum that I purchased from the gas station ....whatever it was I was glad that I got to relive a little piece of my own childhood this weekend. It was a nice reminder that childhood hasn't changed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10