Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 13-"Dramatic B&W"








My step mother-in-law Kate was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer September 2009-while vacationing in her Florida home. Her & my father-in-law decided she would go through treatment in Fl-we all live in MI. It was really hard on the family to be removed from her but we all had to respect her wishes, after all, she's the one fighting cancer. She doesn't need to fight us too. She went through chemo & had a double mastectomy and now will go through radiation in the next few months. She did all of this living almost alone because her husband (my father-in-law) works in Michigan. He would fly down as often as he could. But she was still for the most part alone. She is now home for a few weeks & I asked if i could take a few pictures of her. She thought it was a great idea-she wants to remember looking like this...to me, that's dramatic!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this gave me chills. At first I didn't see your text and clicked on the photo. It's so powerful that I was able to figure out most of the story without reading what you had to say - which says a lot about your photograph! Simply amazing. Best wishes for your step mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10